Long Island Trust Lawyer
A trust is sometimes thought of as a little more sophisticated tool in estate planning but acts in a manner similar to a will, that is as a legal document that explains how a person wants their affairs settled upon death and who should be entrusted to ensure those matters are taken care of. Trusts are often used to expedite the settlement of an estate, avoid probate and the fees and involvement of the courts, minimize tax liability, maximize privacy and protect assets and the status of those who are eligible, or may seek to become eligible, for government benefits such as Medicaid or SSI.
Long Island, NY Trust Planning Attorney
The Misrok Law Firm, LLP, are experienced wills and trusts attorneys who can help you understand whether a trust and/or will can accomplish your goals and be cost effective for your situation.
In preparing for a consultation with an estate planning lawyer you should be prepared to discuss:
- The status, location and amount of your assets
- How you would want to divide your assets
- Family Tree
- As much detail as you can on your spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, uncles, aunts, cousins, great grandparents, etc.
- Who you want to carrying out your last wishes (Executor, Trustee, Guardian, etc..)
- Who should distribute assets pursuant to the will or trust
- Who should be guardian of minor children
- Who should be in charge of day-to-day decisions
- Who should be in charge of financial decisions
If you have questions or want more information about Wills & Trust Law
Our Services include:
- Estate Probate Lawyer
- Estate Administration Lawyer
- Estate Planning Lawyer
- Wills Lawyer
- Trust Lawyer
- Elder Law Lawyer
- Senior Planning Lawyer
- Guardianship Lawyer
- Special Needs Planning Lawyer
- Real Estate Lawyer
- Corporations Attorney
- Business Attorney
- Accident Injury Lawyer
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Accidental Death Lawyer
The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.